Digital Dental X Rays
Digital X-rays are now a reality in dental diagnostic imaging. Now you can have your dental x-rays done electronically, almost instantly appearing on our computer screen, with less radiation. We can optimize the brightness and contrast, as well as enlarge them for easier viewing.
Dental x-rays are one of the most important tools we have to help people avoid serious dental problems because they let us detect problems while they are still small- before they are even visible to the naked eye – before serious conditions develop. In addition, they are also very safe for the patient.
To emphasize the safety of dental x-rays, we quote from an article by doctors Truhlar, Morris and Ochi in the Journal of Implant Dentistry Vol 2 No. 21993. “The calculated risk of cancer to a patient from a Panoramic x-ray or series of cavity detecting x-rays is less than one in a million.”
25 important reasons why you should have regular dental x-rays.
- To determine the presence of hidden decay
- To determine the presence of dental abscess
- To determine the presence of cysts
- To determine the presence of tumors (benign or malignant)
- To determine whether to remove primary teeth
- To determine if complete complement of permanent teeth is present
- To determine condition of root canal filled teeth
- To determine condition of deep restorations
- To determine if decay present in abnormal areas
- To determine condition of supporting bone
- To determine presence of impacted teeth
- To determine if extra (supernumerary) teeth are present
- To determine depth of periodontal abscess
- To determine strength of teeth for support for fixed bridge
- To determine amount of bone destruction in periodontal disease
- To determine presence of ill-fitting restorations
- To determine reasons for pressure sensitivity
- To determine presence of fractured roots
- To determine location of abscess in multi-rooted teeth
- To determine presence of foreign bodies
- To locate fistula track
- To examine bridge field
- To locate hidden calculus
- To observe root involvement with sinuses
- To determine presence of abnormally shaped roots
“A healthy mouth can extend human life 10 years.” Dr. Charles MayBack
Book an Appointment Today!
The care I received was courteous and very professional. The dentist was extremely gentle. She replaced a filling which I had lost and all I can say is “It’s BEAUTIFUL!”. The experience was painless and actually pleasant. My concerns about dental amalgams and root canals were taken into consideration and I felt like I was genuinely listened to. I highly recommend this dental office!
Very positive experience. The reception was friendly and helpful. I am a little apprehensive, as are most I think when visiting the dentist, but this team was kind, gentle, but also very informative. Dr. Aujla has a very peaceful demeanour, I would definitely recommend this team for a stress free dental experience.
The lovely woman who did my cleaning was warm and welcoming, and I felt so at ease with her that it was almost as good as getting a massage! It was the most relaxed I’ve ever been at the dentist. Also, I loved how she was caring and didn’t make fake “small talk” with me. A total delight! The dentist was also warm, gentle, sweet, and she seemed so relaxed. It was kind of like being in the hands of angels. Not exaggerating! Thank you, Lara
Thank you for the great first impression! As someone who has worked in the service industry for more than 30 years I can tell you are doing a great job! I was greeted by 2 lovely assistants at the front desk one of which actually remembered my email address when I mentioned who I was – that’s a clear sign of paying attention to details and connecting to the clients who are coming in. The rest of my visit was as welcoming and also incredibly informative. I learned more about my teeth and loved the digital imaging that really showed me what Dr. Ruby was explaining. I’ve already recommended the office to my 2 daughters and their families and I will continue to spread the word. Thank you again for the great experience I look forward to my next visit!
Powered by TechWyse