Digital Dental X Rays
Digital X-rays are now a reality in dental diagnostic imaging. Now you can have your dental x-rays done electronically, almost instantly appearing on our computer screen, with less radiation. We can optimize the brightness and contrast, as well as enlarge them for easier viewing.
Are Dental X-rays Safe?
Dental x-rays are one of the most important tools we have to help people avoid serious dental problems because they let us detect problems while they are still small- before they are even visible to the naked eye – before serious conditions develop. In addition, they are also very safe for the patient.
To emphasize the safety of dental x-rays, we quote from an article by doctors Truhlar, Morris and Ochi in the Journal of Implant Dentistry Vol 2 No. 21993. “The calculated risk of cancer to a patient from a Panoramic x-ray or series of cavity detecting x-rays is less than one in a million.”
25 important reasons why you should have regular dental x-rays.
- To determine the presence of hidden decay
- To determine the presence of dental abscess
- To determine the presence of cysts
- To determine the presence of tumors (benign or malignant)
- To determine whether to remove primary teeth
- To determine if complete complement of permanent teeth is present
- To determine condition of root canal filled teeth
- To determine condition of deep restorations
- To determine if decay present in abnormal areas
- To determine condition of supporting bone
- To determine presence of impacted teeth
- To determine if extra (supernumerary) teeth are present
- To determine depth of periodontal abscess
- To determine strength of teeth for support for fixed bridge
- To determine amount of bone destruction in periodontal disease
- To determine presence of ill-fitting restorations
- To determine reasons for pressure sensitivity
- To determine presence of fractured roots
- To determine location of abscess in multi-rooted teeth
- To determine presence of foreign bodies
- To locate fistula track
- To examine bridge field
- To locate hidden calculus
- To observe root involvement with sinuses
- To determine presence of abnormally shaped roots
“A healthy mouth can extend human life 10 years.” Dr. Charles MayBack
Book an Appointment Today!
The care I received was courteous and very professional. The dentist was extremely gentle. She replaced a filling which I had lost and all I can say is “It’s BEAUTIFUL!”. The experience was painless and actually pleasant. My concerns about dental amalgams and root canals were taken into consideration and I felt like I was genuinely listened to. I highly recommend this dental office!03/12/2016
Very positive experience. The reception was friendly and helpful. I am a little apprehensive, as are most I think when visiting the dentist, but this team was kind, gentle, but also very informative. Dr. Aujla has a very peaceful demeanour, I would definitely recommend this team for a stress free dental experience.18/11/2016
The lovely woman who did my cleaning was warm and welcoming, and I felt so at ease with her that it was almost as good as getting a massage! It was the most relaxed I’ve ever been at the dentist. Also, I loved how she was caring and didn’t make fake “small talk” with me. A total delight! The dentist was also warm, gentle, sweet, and she seemed so relaxed. It was kind of like being in the hands of angels. Not exaggerating! Thank you, Lara24/09/2016
Thank you for the great first impression! As someone who has worked in the service industry for more than 30 years I can tell you are doing a great job! I was greeted by 2 lovely assistants at the front desk one of which actually remembered my email address when I mentioned who I was – that’s a clear sign of paying attention to details and connecting to the clients who are coming in. The rest of my visit was as welcoming and also incredibly informative. I learned more about my teeth and loved the digital imaging that really showed me what Dr. Ruby was explaining. I’ve already recommended the office to my 2 daughters and their families and I will continue to spread the word. Thank you again for the great experience I look forward to my next visit!22/09/2016
Powered by TechWyse